Integrated Breathing Seminar
Breathing: the most important, least-understood factor -- not only in training, but in life.
Despite many years as both athlete and trainer, it took me a long time to realize how breath work relates not only to performance, but health and well-being. -- Steve Maxwell
A lifetime habit of debilitated breathing leads to excess stress, immobility, degenerative disease, and premature aging -- but there is much you can do to improve your situation.
In this seminar, you will learn:
- The three most common breathing patterns and which is your norm
- A test of breathing proficiency and how you score
- How breathing directly relates to mobility
- How you can use breath work to diminish muscular tension and pain
- Why sitting at a desk decreases breath efficiency and results in stress
- How to rapidly pay off oxygen debt and increase work capacity
- How to stay calm even in an emergency
Learn walking meditation:
- How you can use your daily walks to improve breathing function
- How awareness of the breath can elicit a calm mind even in an emergency
- 4 types of breathing patterns to apply to dynamic exercise for better health
A 4000 year old moving meditation method that improves health and equinimity.
Why the ancient martial artists placed priority on breathing and how you can use such clasical techniques in your daily life.
Who should come?
Anyone interested in health, well-being, longevity, heightened awareness, and self-reliance.
What can you expect?
You will learn some great breathing regimens, how to immediately reduce pain feedback with breath drills, how to recover faster from somatic and mental exhaustion.
There will be general physical movement, plus specific exercise techniques. This is not merely concepts, but hands-on, body-mind connection practice.
Who should not attend
Know-it-alls, blackguards, knaves.
"The workshop was outstanding...it was awesome to hone the skills... Please tell Steve thanks again... Keep up the great work." --Kathryn E Hammonds